Sunday, April 13, 2014

Dream Baby Sliding Locks & Safety Catches

I recently received these Dream Baby Sliding Locks along with the Dream Baby Safety Catches from the Dream Baby website. Although, I cannot use them in my apartment, due to lease agreements and not having handles or knobs on my cupboards, I can tell by looking at them and fiddling around with them, that they would work great for keeping younger toddlers and children out of drawers and cupboards. 

My package of the sliding locks came in a two pack as well as the safety catches. I would love to get rid of my baby gate I use in the kitchen, but I can't keep my twin boys out of the trash and cleaning supplies. They are starting to climb over it so I will need to get smarter about keeping them out of the kitchen. 

Now, if you are not sure what these sliding locks do, I will tell you. If you have cupboards in your house somewhere you want to keep the kids out of, I could really see them being great to keep cats out of the cupboards also. Ok, so back to your cupboards, they need knobs or handles of some sort. What you do is squeeze the buttons on the side of the locks and pull them apart, you then put one end of the lock through the handles or around the knobs, depending on what you have. Replace the lock part and tighten it up and wallah! No more kids getting into important paperwork or cleaning supplies!


So, now that we have those covered, I can do my best to explain to you what the safety catches are. These ones are for drawers or cupboards. You will need to put some screw holes into your cupboards or drawers to apply these. To get your secured cupboard or drawer open, you will have to push down on this contraption and then it will open up. Very simple and very useful to parents who have children who like to get into things they aren't supposed to.


There are many other safety products on their website!


No comments:

Post a Comment